NOTE: This position REQUIRES an active DoD SECRET or TOP SECRET security clearance. Resumes will NOT be considered from applicants without a Secret or Top Secret clearance.
As a Data Center Technician with Zurka, you will be responsible for performing day-to-day tasks like racking servers, running cables and generally maintaining an organized facility. There may be some remote work but given the nature of this junior to mid-level role it is anticipated that the majority of the work will be on-site in Washington, DC. You will be supporting and upgrading the existing infrastructure as well as building out a new enterprise-wide IT infrastructure for the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate would have hands-on, experience with the set-up, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of an on-premise data center.
We're looking for someone with demonstrated experience in the following:
- Familiarity with APC StruxureWare is highly desired
- Ability to read and manage power loads and maintain thresholds
- Understanding of Data Center power and cooling infrastructure and airflow management
- Functional knowledge of layer 2 networking concepts
- U.S. citizenship and a DoD Top Secret security clearance is highly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering.
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience working within a Data Center environment
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience installing and testing fiber optic and copper cable infrastructure
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with hardware installations and decommissions.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment in order to rack and stack hardware and maneuver inventory.
- Ability to move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
- Ability to maintain and track inventory; strong inventory management skills.
- Functional competency in MS Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Ability to respond to system alerts/notifications and available for rotating 7/24 on-call support
- Ability to perform hard-drive, DIMM, battery, fan, power supply replacements.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant Data Center Operations, Data Center Technician, or Data Center Hardware Support.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance (Three medical plan options; company pays majority of premium for employee, spouse and dependents),
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.