Imagine if Indiana Jones were a software developer who had deep knowledge stored procedures, SQL Server and Oracle Weblogic; plus an interest in building a modern web applications. We’d gladly reward such a candidate with a golden idol (aka great salary, bonus, benefits, the works). If none of that makes sense, bear with us, and we’ll try to explain it better in the next paragraph.
Zurka has a client with an important custom software system that needs to be replaced. You’ll be involved in rebuilding it with modern web development frameworks, and at the same time we also need you to be able to dig into the existing system to understand what’s there and support it while the new system is being built. It’s not a task for just anyone.
The business logic of the current implementation is implemented in stored procedures in a SQL Server. The application has a front end built in Oracle Weblogic. There isn’t much documentation nor a full understanding of the capabilities and requirements of the existing system hence the archeology jokes in the first paragraph. You’ll need to meet with stakeholders, dig into the existing system and work with the team to make a replacement system. In the mean time, if something were to go wrong with the existing system we’d be asking for your help to resolve it.
- DoD Secret or Higher Security Clearance
- SQL Server
- Stored Procedures
- Web Application Development
- Oracle Weblogic
- Laravel Framework
- Application Architecture
- Hybrid schedule (only 2 days/ week in the office)
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance (Three medical plan options; company pays majority of premium for employee, spouse and dependents),
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.