We're looking for an outstanding Database Administrator to join a top-notch group supporting world class science and technology at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Zurka Interactive is expanding our team at NRL in Washington, D.C. You will be part of a team managing IT services on unclassified and classified networks for 5,000 users. You'll be working with a variety of technologies in a heterogeneous computing environment.
NRL is an environment in which members of the team have a great deal of autonomy and numerous opportunities to grow their technical knowledge. The environment will continue to grow and evolve providing challenges and opportunities for professional growth and collaboration. In the past we've supported researchers doing work on nanoscience, autonomous systems and experiments deployed on the International Space Station.
We're looking for someone with 3+ years of relevant experience and demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and/or 2019 is a must
- Experience with MySQL is highly desirable
- Knowledge of database structure and theory
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- Experience with DoD STIGs is a plus
- Experience or familiarity with Oracle, Sybase, Postgres is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
Responsibilities and duties for this position will include the following:
- Install and configure database server software
- Monitor and maintain database health, integrity and security
- Configure and maintain DOD STIG security compliance
- Establish and maintain high availability of database systems and minimize downtime
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance
- Create database management procedures
- Work with backup admins to design backup processes for database servers
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
Strong preference will be given to candidates who meet DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT III level position, including an active CASP or CISSP certification or equivalent.
U.S. Citizenship and a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance (Three health plan options, employer pays up to 90% of premium for employee and dependents),
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.