NOTE: This position REQUIRES an active DoD TOP SECRET security clearance. Resumes will NOT be considered from applicants without a Top Secret clearance.
This position will be on-site in Washington, DC, but we expect to be working remotely through at least spring 2021; however, candidates must be in close proximity to DC in order for occasional on-site work prior to returning to the Lab on a full-time basis.
Zurka Interactive LLC is looking for a Microsoft Exchange/MDM Administrator to join our team supporting the US Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC. The Admin will be part of a team of IT professionals managing IT services on NRL's unclassified and classified networks. Responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all Exchange hardware/software
- managing and troubleshooting messaging protocols and operations with MS Exchange
- managing email routing devices and services, email queues, distribution lists and dynamic distribution groups
- configure, verify, and troubleshoot delivery of emails in all platforms (mobile devices, OWA, Outlook client on Windows and MAC)
- scripting/automation of tasks through Exchange PowerShell
- administration, maintenance and support of Workspace One UEM systems
- maintaining the stability, availability, and security of Workspace One UEM services
- working with associates to troubleshoot issues on iOS and Android mobile platforms
- creating and maintaining documentation to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Configuration Documentation, & Policy Documentation
- deploying vendor updates, security patches, STIGS, IAVA’s, etc in production & pre-production environments
- 5+ years’ experience as an Exchange Engineer /Admin in a corporate, government, or DoD environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
- Experience/knowledge using cloud technologies particularly Office 365.
- Enterprise Administration and Design Experience with Exchange 2016, 2019
- Experience/knowledge of Powershell scripting
- Experience performing routine Exchange server maintenance tasks such as realigning Exchange database copies within DAGs, troubleshooting Messaging Server issues, working in collaboration with admins for other relevant IT areas, and leveraging vendor support to quickly & effectively resolve issues that may arise.
- Experience with security hardening of the Windows Server operating system, as well as Exchange to meet security compliance requirements
- Experience managing Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (2016, 2019)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field strongly preferred.
- Experience with Exchange Online
- Knowledge of the administration, maintenance and support for ActiveSync and Mobile Device Management technologies. Experience with Airwatch and/or WorkspaceOne UEM, supporting both iOS & Android platforms, is a definite plus.
- Experience/knowledge of DISA STIGs, benchmarks, and checklists is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of ACAS (Assured Compliance Acceptance System) and HBSS (Host Based Security System) for monitoring/mitigation of vulnerabilities & IA compliance
- Experience with PKI/Smart Card authentication
Strong preference will be given to candidates who meet DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT III level position, including an active CASP certification or equivalent.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance (Three medical plan options; company pays majority of premium for employee, spouse and dependents),
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.