Our Drupal4Gov Half Day had quite the turnout, with around 50 participants in attendance. During the first half of the event, attendees broke up into groups and sat in on a couple speaker sessions of choice. For the second half of the event, attendees rotated through shorter, lightning sessions. We had a number of great speakers who presented a variety of topics, including content type and taxonomy planning; working with Twig and Docker; and how to establish branding strategies and build trust within the tech industry. For a more detailed breakdown on our various presentations and presenters, please keep reading!
This summer, Zurka got the exciting opportunity to give back to the Drupal community by hosting a Drupal4Gov Half Day: Drupal Global Training Day at our Tysons Corner headquarters! Drupal4Gov is a nonprofit organization dedicated to connecting and serving government employees committed to open source technology. Drupal4Gov is also responsible for organizing and hosting the annual three-day conference Drupal GovCon, which is dedicated to connecting people from across the nation who use, design, develop, and support the Drupal platform with a focus in government. Despite the conference's focus on government, there also is typically a heavy representation of attendees from the private sector as well.
- Keynote by Nneka Hector, Director of Web Development at DSFederal
- Intro to Reactjs by Ashraf Abed - Debug Academy
- Drupal Accessibility by Cindy McCourt - Promet Source
- Devops: Continuous Collaboration with Probo.ci by Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg - Zivtech
- Content Type and Taxonomy Planning by Kat Kuhl - FFW
- UX and Accessibility by Samantha Schreiber - FFW
- Website Strategy by Alex Emmerman - DSFederal
- What’s GDPR and What Can/Should Be Done? by Peter Barclay - Taoti
- Twig in the Wild by Jeremy Koulish - Bixal
- Getting Hired by Steve Roberson - Zurka Interactive