NOTE: This position REQUIRES a Top Secret security clearance.
This position will be on-site in Washington, DC, but we expect to be working remotely until at least early 2021; however, candidates must be in close proximity to DC in order for occasional on-site work prior to returning to the Lab on a full-time basis.
We are in the early stages of a long-term contract involving building out a new enterprise-wide IT infrastructure for the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate would be an experienced, hands-on, Senior Linux (Red Hat) Administrator/Engineer that would lead and grow a team, collaborating with our customer to create an outstanding IT infrastructure that will support several thousand users and include storage solutions, VMware, datacenter management and more.
We're looking for someone with demonstrated skills and experience in the following areas:
- Experience managing environments with 50+ RHEL 6 and 7 servers.
- Demonstrated experience with server configuration management (infrastructure automation) tools (i.e. - Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience supporting the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Experience applying DISA STIGs and running SCAP checks
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell or HP)
- Ability to write and modify existing scripts (shell, Perl or Python)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (i.e. - Nagios, Zenoss or others)
- Experience with VMware vSphere administration and server refreshes
Candidates will need to meet DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT III level position, including an active CASP or CISSP certification or equivalent.
U.S. Citizenship and a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance,
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.